Think it. Design it. Make it real.


My sketchbook is full of ideas for furniture pieces, jewelry and other miscellany.  I don't have the tools (or the space) necessary to create most of my ideas and if I did have access to the tools, I would probably chop a finger off. So, my ideas often stay on paper.  Until now....

I discovered this wonderful website, Ponoko, where you can have practically anything you design made! Design your own product or use one of the existing product plans on their website (some are free, others you purchase).  You can even edit or combine existing product plans to create a custom piece. 

How does it work? 
Open a free "My Ponoko" account. 
Upload your plan (.eps or .svg file)
Choose your materials
Choose your shipping location.

How much does it cost?
It depends on what materials you select, where/ how it is manufactured and shipping location. Once you have made your selections, Ponoko will provide a free instant online quote. You can even sell your products or plans on Ponoko's website.

Here are some great plans and items other people have made using Ponoko:

Ponoko Shelf by Steve Watson, $10.00 for the plan
 

Metaverse Table by Labeling Theory, $75.00 for the plan. Worth the click: Labeling Theory's design blog.

 
Acrylic Wing Earrings by Mizu,  $12.00

 
Digits Calendar- Mini by Digits, $35.00

 Obrut Light by Virtual Territory, $145.00, See other colors @ Virtual Territory's blog.

Your Number laser cut leather watch by Colin Francis, $75.00.  Check out other designs by Colin @ his Etsy store!

Visit this link for more information on making your products design a reality. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for spreading the good word about our service - in such a succint and comprehensive way!

    We're also more than happy to answer any questions you or your readers might have, and are currently working on revising our how-to information to make it even easier to get those ideas made into reality.

    I look forward to seeing your first project come through.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josh! I love the website. The only problem is I can't decide which idea to build first!

    ReplyDelete